Friday, August 11, 2006


I'm getting so tired of all the bad news in the world - it makes me sad, angry, depressed. And really cuts into any creativity I might have! So for now I've got the radio off and pondering my next projects. Or should I say those projects already begun and seemingly hanging out there in space!

Two are the most immediate to tackle: first, a knitted blanket I've been working on for daughter Phoebe. 16 squares knit from Noro Kureyon in a log cabin pattern. They measure 14" each and all are knit up. Now comes the sewing together. I guess what is holding me back is that I have to lay them all out to see who gets sewn up next to whom. This is daunting not because I don't have the space, but because as soon as I lay them out, they will get covered with Maggie fur which is constantly flying about! Winter is on it's way, however, and Phoebe being in Michigan right now is going to need this blanket before too much longer....

Second, a cut pile woven bag from handspun silk I started at SOAR last fall. I plan to have it finished by this year's SOAR, so I'd better get crackin'! Or should I say, knottin'!

But first, I have to get out into the yard - a major irrigation leak and if it's not fixed, those plants in Zone 1 (it's like the garden has zip codes!) will soon be suffering.

Then off to work at Jimmy Beans Wool.

1 comment:

Purple Fuzzy Mittens said...

Welcome to the world of blogs!! Since you count as one of my very favorite creative people, I am looking forward to plenty of inspiration from your future posts! :-)